Founders Merit Scholarship Program
The Founders Merit Scholarship Program is open to students transitioning to Fredericksburg Academy's Middle and Upper Schools in the 2017-18 school year who demonstrate a record of academic excellence and well-roundedness.
Required Criteria for Consideration
- Grades in core academic subjects are to be A- average or better for the entirety of previous grade and through the current grading period of current grade.
- The student must receive two outstanding recommendations from current grade teachers of core academic subjects (i.e. English, mathematics, science, or social studies).
Submission Guidelines and Required Documents
- A copy of the most recent report card should accompany this application and essay. For priority consideration, these items must be submitted to the Office of Admission at Fredericksburg Academy by January 10. Merit scholarship application and supporting documents may be submitted by:
- email to email@example.com
- via fax to (540) 898-8951
- mailed or hand-delivered to: Fredericksburg Academy Office of Admission, 10800 Academy Drive, Fredericksburg, VA 22408
- Teacher recommendations must be submitted directly from the student’s teachers to Fredericksburg Academy by one of the above methods or can be submitted online here. A printable form can be downloaded here.
- Candidates must also apply for admission to Fredericksburg Academy. The online application for admission can be found here.
- Student should plan to attend a Merit Scholars Testing and Shadow Day before January 30. *On this day, student will experience a typical day at Fredericksburg Academy and complete final application testing.
2017-18 Merit Scholarship Student Application
Student Application can be submitted online here or a printable version can be found here. *Please note that if student completes online application, essay must be emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the Admission Office at 540-898-0020 or email@example.com with any questions you have.