Fredericksburg Academy is authorized by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to issue the Form I-20 to international students who wish to enroll as F-1 students. An F-1 student is an international student approved by the U.S. government to study full-time in the United States. The F-1 student visa gives international students permission to enter the U.S.
Fredericksburg Academy is required by law to receive the following items before issuing an I-20 to a newly admitted international student:
- Enrollment contract signed by both parents/legal guardians
- Tuition deposit of $5,000 USD. Please note that the remainder of the tuition must be paid in full to Fredericksburg Academy by August 1.
- A copy of the student’s valid passport (passport should be valid for at least six months from date of entry to the U.S.)
- Documentation of sufficient financing for at least one year of study. Original bank statements or a letter from the bank (on official letterhead) certifying that the family has sufficient funds to pay for a year of education (tuition, travel to and from school, other miscellaneous expenses). We recommend two original bank statements or letters as Fredericksburg Academy will need one original and students will need to show the second original to the U.S. consulate or embassy.
The tuition ($40,000 annually) includes:
- Special events
- Accommodations with a host family
How to Apply:
1. Submit the Online Application for Admission
2. Submit the International Student Application Supplement to the Admission Office
3. Provide evidence of high-intermediate English language proficiency—scores from TOEFL, TOEFL Junior, SSAT or SLEP to the Admission Office. Fredericksburg Academy's TOEFL code is 6072.