1. Completed application and a $50 application fee
2.Teacher recommendation/evaluation form(s): Teacher recommendation/evaluation forms can be downloaded below. Please note that recommendation forms are confidential and should be given by you to your child's teacher(s) and returned directly to Fredericksburg Academy by your child's current school.
- Prekindergarten Evaluation (one required if currently enrolled at a school or daycare)
- Junior Kindergarten Evaluation (one required if currently enrolled at a school or daycare)
- Kindergarten Evaluation (one required if currently enrolled at a school or daycare)
- Grades 1-5 Teacher Recommendation (one required)
- Grades 6-12 Teacher Recommendation (two required; one from current language arts teacher and one from current math teacher)
3. Report cards/transcripts along with any standardized testing from the end of the two previous school years and the most recent from the current school year will be requested following the receipt of an application.
4. All applicants must complete admission testing as part of the application process. Children entering JK through Grade 5 are assessed during their required admission visit. Testing is scheduled for Grade 6-12 applicants and takes place on campus.
5. Required classroom visits will vary depending on the age of the applicant. Applicants to junior kindergarten and kindergarten visit for a half-day while applicants to Grades 1-12 spend a full day on campus shadowing a current student.
6. The admission staff must see an original birth certificate, passport, or hospital birth record in order to complete a required form for the Commonwealth of Virginia and to complete the admission file.
Apply online to get started!
Application Review and Decisions
- No applicant will be considered for admission until all required items have been submitted to Fredericksburg Academy.
- When an application file is complete, it is by our Admission Committee for an admission decision. The Admission Office makes every effort to notify families of the admission decision quickly. Parents of applicants will be notified via mail of the admission and/or placement decision.
- When a child is admitted and a contract is sent, the child's family has a limited amount of time in which to respond to the offer of enrollment. The child's place is only held during the stated time window.
- The Admission Committee determines placement in the appropriate age or grade level as part of their review. Occasionally, a student may be offered admission to a level other than that for which he or she applied. In these circumstances, the Admission Committee has thoughtfully considered all of the student's application file and has concluded that placement at another level would best ensure success at Fredericksburg Academy.
The Admission Committee looks forward to reviewing your application. Begin your application here!
There shall be no discrimination by the School in the selection of the Board of Trustees, in the employment of personnel, in the admission of students, or in the administration of the School programming because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, or handicapped status in violation of existing state or federal law or regulations.