While we are not currently open for parent tours, our Admission Office remains at the ready to share FA with you!
We are in the office Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. You may reach us by phone at 540.898.0020
The Admission team is also available to schedule a Zoom meeting
Questions? Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
The current steps for applying for admission include:
In order to become an applicant, all required application items must be completed. Families will be invited to create an account for FA's online Admission Portal to easily view, submit, and track their application checklist items.
- Create a portal account and start the application here.
These are for admission purposes and do not "withdraw" your student from their current school.
Forms can be sent directly to the teacher(s) and uploaded into our Admission Portal by the teacher. Parents will not have viewing access to the completed form(s).
Early Childhood and Lower School applicants will meet in person with grade level teachers. These meetings are scheduled outside of the school day and usually last 30-45 minutes. More information will be shared as the meetings are added to calendars! (Note that we do not have restroom facilities available for visitors.)
- Middle and Upper School applicants will receive admission testing sent via email to the parent for proctoring. This testing can be scanned back to the Admission Office. Each applicant will also interview with the Division Head via Zoom. These interviews are set through the Admission Office and more details will be shared as schedules are confirmed.
Following the completion of all these steps, Admission files are shared with the Admission Committee.
Application Reviews and Decisions
- No applicant will be considered for admission until all required items have been submitted to Fredericksburg Academy.
- When an application file is complete, it is reviewed by our Admission Committee for an admission decision. The Admission Office makes every effort to notify families of the admission decision quickly. Parents of applicants will be notified via mail of the admission and/or placement decision.
- When a child is admitted and a contract is sent, the child's family has a limited amount of time in which to respond to the offer of enrollment. The child's place is only held during the stated time window.
- The Admission Committee determines placement in the appropriate age or grade level as part of their review. Occasionally, a student may be offered admission to a level other than that for which he or she applied. In these circumstances, the Admission Committee has thoughtfully considered all of the student's application file and has concluded that placement at another level would best ensure success at Fredericksburg Academy.
The Admission Committee looks forward to reviewing your application. Begin your application here!
There shall be no discrimination by the School in the selection of the Board of Trustees, in the employment of personnel, in the admission of students, or in the administration of the School programming because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, or handicapped status in violation of existing state or federal law or regulations.
1. An original birth certificate or passport, or documentation from a pervious school indicating they have seen the original birth certificate or passport, must be presented before the start of the school year to the Admission Office or the Receptionist in the Lower School. (Documents may be faxed to 540.898.8951)
2. Fredericksburg Academy has moved to a Continuous Enrollment Contract. Contracts for new families will begin to be sent in late January. This means that you only sign one contract! All families use FACTS to make payments. We offer three payment options;
- Annual: The balance is due before June 30.
- Semiannual: Payments are divided, with 60% due before June 30 and 40% before November 30. There is a $150 administration fee for this plan.
- Monthly: Monthly payments begin in June (or upon enrollment if later than June) and continue through May. There is a $275 administrative fee for this plan.
3. A non-refundable reservation deposit is due in February to reserve your child(ren)'s place for the following school year. The tuition deposit is drafted from your FACTS account mid-February and credited to the following year's tuition.
For more information regarding tuition, visit our Tuition page here.