Is An Independent School Right for You?
The Private Independent School Difference
Below are a few of the reasons that parents choose an independent school education for their child. The best way to know if an independent school is right for you is to talk with an admission counselor about your unique needs. Tell us more about what brought you to our site before reading why other parents choose independent education for their children:
- The highest academic standards. Independent Schools provide a rigorous education that sparks intellectual curiosity and critical thinking as well as encourages personal growth.
- Small classes and individual attention. Schools offer a low student-teacher ratio that lets teachers develop close connections with their students so that they can meet them where they are.
- Expert faculty. Teachers are able to instruct in an area of expertise and can take the time to delve into special topics of interest with students to create the right learning atmosphere.
- Education for the whole child. Students have the opportunity to explore the arts, athletics, civic responsibility, and more, all of which assist them in growing into well-rounded people.
- A diverse student body. Diversity of thought and people are key to the learning environment in independent schools, where these differences are celebrated and used to learn from each other.
- Lifelong returns on the investment. Independent school students report that they feel prepared for college and for life.
- An active, engaged community. Parents, students, and teachers all play a role in ensuring success.
- True independence. Independent Schools are governed by a board of trustees and are supported by private funds such as tuition payments and charitable gifts. This gives faculty the freedom to set their own curriculum and provide engaging educational experiences for students.
- Mission-driven. Each school is driven by its own values and philosophy, which means that parents seeking an independent school education for their child can identify the school that is the right fit for their family.
*Information drawn from Values Added: The Lifelong Returns of an Independent School Education and The Independent School Advantage, both publications of the National Association of Independent Schools.
Learn more about the benefits of attending an independent private school vs other private schools in your area by downloading our free guide.