Tuition and Fees
Fredericksburg Academy's diverse learning community is comprised of many different ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds—and we wouldn't have it any other way. There's no one-size-fits-all approach to education at FA, and tuition is no different. We work with a highly-rated third-party to determine an affordable tuition rate for each family based on its unique financial circumstances. Indexed Tuition at Fredericksburg Academy is the area's largest tuition support program, awarding $2 million + in 2020-2021.
Costs and Payment Solutions For Private Independent Schools
Download your free guide "Costs and Payment Solutions For Private Independent Schools" now and get all the answers you need.
Prekindergarten and Junior Kindergarten are five-day/full-day programs (8:35 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.).
Indexed Tuition is available on a limited basis for Junior Kindergarten. Contact our Admissions Office for more information.
Lower, Middle, and Upper Independent Private School Tuition
- Tuition covers most field trips, with the exception of overnight trips, and participation on athletic teams including use of uniforms (swim team members purchase a swimsuit).
- Students in grades 6 through 12 purchase their textbooks via our online bookstore. School supply lists are posted in June.
- Students in grades 6 through 12 are required to have a laptop.
Tuition Payment Plans
A $1,000 deposit for PK-Grade 12 is due with the signed contract and is applied to tuition and fees. All families are required to enroll in the FACTS tuition management system. Fredericksburg Academy offers three payment options for families:
- Annual: The balance is due before June 30.
- Semiannual: Payments are divided, with 60% due before June 30 and 40% before November 30. There is a $150 administration fee for this plan.
- Monthly: Monthly payments begin in June (or upon enrollment if later than June) and continue through May. There is a $275 administrative fee for this plan.
Tuition Insurance Plan
The Tuition Insurance Plan protects a family's investment in tuition in the event of withdrawal, separation, or dismissal from the Academy. The Tuition Insurance Plan Insurance is required for all accounts except families that choose option one. A brochure about this program is available in the admission or business office.
A required $500 Capital Fund Fee is due from each family enrolling their first child at the Academy in kindergarten through grade 12. This is a one-time payment.
- A $1,000 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of registration for all enrolling students in grades PK-12 and is applied to the student's account for the upcoming school year. If enrollment is cancelled in writing before May 1, the deposit is forfeited. If not cancelled in writing, parents are responsible for the full year’s tuition.
Students in Grades 5-12 pay a $100 annual technology fee. This fee covers access to the school’s wireless Internet and shared printers; access to subscription services, databases, and electronic resources through the library; access to a loaner laptop if service is required on a personal laptop (up to two weeks only); and on-site Internet filtering.